Five things that made me smile this week:
- Binge-watching Gossip Girl – I never thought I would be so grateful to have not watched television for the last fourteen years. So many good series to catch up on now.
- Dr. Death podcast – I am a huge fan of podcasts – whether I am in the car (although I don’t actually go in the car anymore 😒), doing laundry, going for walks, or cooking dinner – I love learning something new or “connecting” with friends in my AirPods. Recently, however, Kelly and I have been listening together and we are hooked on true crime series. The Dr. Death podcast from Wondery is definitely one of our favorites.
- Baking Easter cookies – Yesterday we pulled out our favorite sugar cookie recipe, whipped up a batch of home made icing and went to town decorating carrots, bunnies, flowers and Easter eggs. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and really took me back to when the kids were little and it felt like we had all the time in the world to dive into baking. In recent years we have made the cookies, but a quick sprinkle with some colored sugar was the extent of our decorating.
- Flowering trees – The Cleveland Pears that line the streets in our neighborhood came into full boom on Wednesday. Their white buds really make it feel spring and everyone in our neighborhood looks forward to the prettiest week of the year. Of course, that was before they blended into the winter white landscape . . . .
- Pineapple Dole Whip – Since we can’t go to Disney, Disney shared their iconic Pineapple Dole Whip recipe, allowing us to experience a little bit of Disney magic at home.
I hope this Easter weekend brings you many reasons to smile as well.