This was a strange week in western Pennsylvania. We had snow, rain, hail and windy first indoor workout since quarantine started. But today, we were gifted a beautiful blue sky afternoon in the mid-60’s. I sure hope this is a sign of things to come.
Here are 5 things that made me smile this week. Plus An Extra.
- Homemade blueberry pie. Kelly bakes on Wednesdays and this week she treated us to homemade blueberry pie. We enjoyed it warm with vanilla ice-cream. Delicious!
- Dying my Hair. I couldn’t stand my roots anymore and I scheduled an e-consultation with a colorist at e-salon. My hair dye finally arrived this week and I promptly got to work coloring my hair. It came out really good. The color is not as dark as I expected [and hoped?], but it’s really similar to my regular color. It also left my hair looking shiny and smooth! Hooray.
- Little Fires Everywhere. Kelly and I started this series recently and we both really like it. I listened to this as an audio book a few years back and I remember liking it, but I did not remember very many details. I do love that it’s set in Cleveland – my law school home, so I love recognizing many of the places in the show.
- A 60th Birthday Party via Zoom. One of my husband’s aunts turned 60 on Thursday. That’s a milestone birthday and her kids were feeling sad they couldn’t all be together. So they organized a Zoom Surprise Party. There were over 60 people dialed in. And while it was just short of organized chaos – that’s what our real-life parties are like anyway. It was fun to see so many family members “together” and to see just how touched the birthday girl was.
- Driveway Parties. So, these are becoming a thing. Both among the kids (thank goodness) and the adults. The host dutifully measures out six foot distances, marks the spot with an X, and everyone brings a lawn chair and their own snacks and drinks and gathers on the driveway for some good conversation. It sure is an easy way to throw a party. And it just feels so good to see other people again. Even for an introvert like me.
- 108 Hand Sanitizer. I’m throwing in a bonus number 6 this week. Because it feels good to feel grateful. And after the last few weeks I’m taking all the smiles I can get. My husband’s company has been making hadn’t sanitizer whenever he can get his hands on the raw materials (isopropyl alcohol is one of the main ingredients and it is in short supply because of the high demand for hand sanitizer). He has been donating this valuable commodity to local nursing homes and first responders. They are all so surprised and thankful to receive this gift it really makes me feel good.
Have a wonderful weekend.